ohun is intended to facilitate the automated detection of sound events, providing functions to diagnose and optimize detection routines.
The main features of the package are:
- The use of reference annotations for detection diagnostic and optimization
- The use of signal detection theory indices to evaluate detection performance
The package offers functions for:
- Curate references and acoustic data sets
- Diagnose detection performance
- Optimize detection routines based on reference annotations
- Energy-based detection
- Template-based detection
All functions allow the parallelization of tasks, which distributes the tasks among several processors to improve computational efficiency. The package works on sound files in ‘.wav’, ‘.mp3’, ‘.flac’ and ‘.wac’ format.
Please cite ohun as follows:
Araya-Salas, M. (2021), ohun: diagnosing and optimizing automated sound event detection. R package version 0.1.0.